\






                                            Class IV English         

 As I begin to sit down to reflect on my reading lesson, i feel a sense of pride for having achieved my goal.The other day I had uploaded the reading material ( poem titled ' Picnic') on our class WeChat group. Children were asked to read it thoroughly and to make a video of themselves reading it. The assessment criteria was also given before hand. (Fluency, Pronunciation and Enunciation) This was done in order to save time and to keep children engaged at home. This also provided a platform for the parents to involve in their children's learning. This way the parents can also get a glimpse of what kind of activity their children do at school. I chose WeChat to disseminate the above  information since it is more popular among the parents and it also has a better outreach. Children were asked to upload their videos when ever they were ready within a time frame of three days. 

As a follow up activity children were asked to answer a few questions related to the poem , which was also uploaded in the WeChat. This enabled me to save some time in class which I could use for other meaningful activities. 

True to my expectation, children gave their best and almost everyone could read it with ease except for a few mispronounced words. I provided prompt feedback and acknowledgement. I can proudly say that my activity was a huge success and I planned to carry out similar ones  in future. More than that children seemed to have thoroughly enjoyed it which is what I strive to do everyday.

Comments